Shameless plug? The way I see it, Dilbert's world is coming through another dimension and straight into reality. Don't know if it's original, but I thought it was very clever. Of course, almost everything in Dilbert is hauntingly real if you've worked in just about any company.
This is an epic comic - Is it not documenting how the Dilbert comic was started in the first place?
Momentous and earth-shaking I'd say. Let's all hope Scott Adams doesn't decide to wrap it up with this one.
Much as I know people will rank down this comment I'm going to support Scott on this one:
1. This particular cartoon is actually quite funny, with or without the referance to dilbertfiles, although I am prepared to conceed that the first one was substandard.
2. It's a very good marketing strategy. I hadn't noticed the ads to the right untill the start of this whole thing.
3. There's always the possibility that Scott wrote the cartoon without mentioning dilbertfiles, showed it to a business colleague before publically releasing it, and was advised there that it would be a good idea to mention the website.
4. I'm the sort of person who'll argue the losing side for a challenge and I have too much free time.
5. None of you know for a fact that he isn't paying to have this strip put in the papers, or at least letting them have it for free.