1. Dilbert, Alice, and Asok are free to be productive without PHB around.
2. PHB gets stuck for a while, loses weight, emerges more healthy and trim, and takes credit for team's soaring productivity.
3. PHB's absence frees up extra coffee for Wally.
4. Asok gets no credit except from his true mentor, Wally (see #3) -- but that's what really counts.
5. Carol is admired for starting the whole thing.
Asok is either trying to kill the fat PHB slowly and painfully or has become to much like Wally to do more work than he absolutely has to. I hope he chose slow and painful just like how the PHB dose it to his minions, pay backs is a cruel thing but can be fun to watch.