Dilbert: Do you approve these changes?
PHB: What do I need to say, that will be vague enough in order to make you perform these changes with the illusion of approval and yet clear enough in order to punish you for acting without my approval, in case something goes wrong?
1. Take PHB orders in writing. Until is in writing, is not an order.
2. Make the changes. Documenting everything.
3. When the PHB goes for your eggs, get a lawyer.
4. Sue the company for an obscene amount of money.
5. With the money you get, work on your own projects.